Sunday, July 7, 2019

She's Gone

Early July 5, I lost my love and best friend of 39 years.

Mother of our children - both the two born to us, and the next generation, and everyone she "adopted." She was kind and generous to a fault. Complete strangers who admired a crochet project would sometimes find themselves the new owner of that same scarf, hat, or baby blanket. Neighborhood children knew her as "the book lady" at Halloween.

Constant companion and confidant - we rarely chose to do anything apart from one another. She shared all my secrets, goals, dreams, and helped me achieve many of the same.

Creative and intelligent - she mastered many crafts, played many musical instruments, and wrote beautifully. She inspired our son to music, our daughter to art, and me to be a better writer. She ran most of our family games.

A tough advocate - she would fight for those she loved. Though she lost her last fight, she never surrendered. May she find peace, if that is what she seeks, or at least a worthy adventure.

Robin, you left a hole in my life and my heart that I don't know can ever be filled again. I don't know that I would ever want to.

Her path went higher than the summit,
And she is one with the gods today.

https://pluckingmyself.blogspot.com/2010/08/quill-27-mountain-song-1991.html

No comments:

Post a Comment