Monday, July 29, 2019

Today was Rough

Seems like anything set me off today. 

I cut grass, and felt sad. 

The neighbors were outside.  I finally got the chance to ask if it was okay to cut down the bushes/trees on the property line (it is), and felt an intense need to apologize for not doing it sooner.  And explain.  And that set me off.

I cooked a dinner for myself, and that got me crying.  I always cooked dinner for the both of us; it seems so damned selfish of me to cook just for me.

I searched for my birth certificate and passport, because I'm going along with the kids on a cruise this November.  And I couldn't find my passport, and that made me so damned angry with myself, because I can't seem to take care of anything.  And what the hell was I feeling sorry for myself for?  She's the one who suffered for it!

It was the worst wave of the day.

I thought I was on the mend, and then I ran across a small 2018 calendar.  A fucking calendar.  She'd marked the birthdays and anniversaries, with names and exclamation points.  She always got so excited over everyone else's special days.

Earlier today, I read a journal entry where she talked about how she really wasn't a good person, she just suppressed all her evil thoughts and tried to be good.

Sure fooled me, hon.  You were a damn sight better than I ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment