Monday, July 8, 2019

Arrangements

The kids and I arranged for cremation today.  We chose the Arbor Society; they don't have a hard sell, and there were no surprise charges. 

We have decided to postpone any sort of memorial for much later.  Maybe around her birthday.  And it shall be invitation only. 

For the immediate family, I'm purchasing glass pendants with an owl emblem, to be infused with some of her remains.  The picture looks beautiful, almost like her "Tondo Ule" etching.  It shall be engraved with:

I Am
RLP
61-19

Three days in.  I'm not weeping quite so hard, but the sadness still comes in waves that I cannot predict.  

I've found a few more of her journals.  She had a habit of starting them, but then leaving most of the pages blank.  Were they mislaid?  Not sure.  Everything is cluttered, so maybe.  The poetry book / memory book projects will certainly take a long time to finish.

Tomorrow we attend a family counselling session.

No comments:

Post a Comment