Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Recovery

I experienced my first auditory hallucination since Robin's death.

I used to hear her calling me all the time, even when she had not done so.  But since Friday, I have not heard her once.  Except for this morning, when I awoke (too early, again) and turned over, trying to go back to sleep.  Then I heard her, calling my name sharply, as if she needed me urgently.  Or perhaps not so urgently, but just impatient that I hadn't heard the first two times.

It was actually comforting.

I may have been able to sleep some more, but got a call from the Arbor Society, that her cremains were ready for pickup, and they were open til 1:00 today.  I decided to take care of that, alone.

Kyrie came to visit; I made bacon-wrapped chicken, and we had a quiet re-watch of An American Tail with A2 and the grandkids.  Then Kyrie had to go home, and I spent the rest of the daylight fixing one (1!) van window.  A frustrating, but therapeutic activity.

I already wrote about the stupid UHC letter, but if that doesn't take care of itself, well, I can call down wrath another day.

Tomorrow, I'll arrange for an engraved nameplate for the wooden urn.

I think we are healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment