Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Still Not Sleeping

I've spent the last few months taking care of her needs, as she became increasingly ill, and less able to take care of herself.  The last month, she couldn't even sleep in her own bed, finding that the recliner was easier to breathe in.

With Arthur (Spooky) taking a shift overnight, I'd get between four and six hours bed rest, and nap on the couch between doing whatever she needed.  When he couldn't be there, which was rare, I'd just sleep on the couch the whole night.

When she entered the hospital for the last time, four hours became nearly the maximum I could manage.

Now that I have no demands on my time, not even work, I still can't sleep more than five hours a night.  I may fall asleep in my chair, fitfully, when I can't keep myself occupied.  Doing stuff helps, for a little while, but then I reach a point where I feel too empty to work and come back to my chair, with this screen waiting, and her journals.

Last night I did dream, but I don't remember what it was.

This can't be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment