Thursday, June 3, 2021

Confession (The Revolution Will Be Live-Streamed)

(Game date: 6/3/2021 - Campaign "season" finale)

(A broadcast entreating everyone in the city to shut down their ImagiNet BANlinks is immediately followed by this slam poem, entitled "Confession," was broadcast from a pre-recording, with a heavy techno beat track, during a live feed of a battle which took place within the city's Core Tower.  It was tagged with username "GoldenBoy". 

The livestream continues.  The plea to shut down ImagiNet, and why, continues on a loop throughout the battle.)

My first crime was privilege - born to golden crown and throne.

Second was self-centered youth, blind to all pain save my own.

I convicted my blood of crimes in my mind, without benefit of jury,

Then stole from my future, investing in fantasies, like I had no worries.

Abet a cop-killer, help a terrorist escape,

Corruption of a minor, betray a team-mate,

I've done it all, I have no shame.

Gamed the courts for private gain.  (just like a suit)

Grand theft auto?  Child's play.  I do that in my sleep.  

Give me something worth waking for - like secrets buried deep.

I'll perpetrate it.  Confiscate it.  Automate it

So prideful I refused a Dragon to his face.

No moldy blood-sucker put me in my place. (fool)

Faced avatars, demons, immortals, gods,

And still believe that I can cheat the odds.

I'm the biggest mass murderer since the Fall,

Except for the One who betrayed us all.

And this may be my biggest sin:  

I still believe I'm better than him;

That all my crimes are justified.  

Sanctified.  Certified.  Electrified.

Now I agitate at the Core of a corrupt state.

Against Fate, with my mates, we will open the Gate.  

History will judge us all.

For the People to Rise, the Towers must Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment