Sunday, November 24, 2019

My Haiku Attempts

Another day, more cleanup.

Trying to straighten things around here.  Am easily distracted.  I found an old writing exercise notebook, which I'll hang onto, at least until I get everything in there transcribed.  

It contains the haiku I tried to write when Robin encouraged me to try my hand.

Honestly, I only remembered one of them -- the one that Robin preserved in her own poetry book:

Puppy in the grass
Bites my fingers gently, then
I capture her snout.

She liked that one. 

I already published the raccoon one.  The rest are below the cut.


Saffron Hot Dog Stand:
"What can I make ya, buddy?"
"One with everything."

Cutting grass today
I felt a pain in my chest.
Reaper at shoulder.

Worms, fish, and myself:
Each are food for the others.
Irony flavor.

Blue eggshells broken.
Some melt sweetly on the tongue,
Others take wing, fly.

Lost in a cornfield
Tall tasseled stalks surround me.
Amazed in maize maze.

Trees on the roadside
Celebrate life by dancing
Before paisley'd eyes.

Dolphin leaps from sea,
Apollo counts to zero,
Taking one small step.

Comfy couch invites.
Friendly voices envelop.
Safe enough to doze.

Tapping of a foot,
Purs'd lips, folded arms, arched brow.
We're in trouble noo!


No comments:

Post a Comment