Friday, September 11, 2015

Junebug

I don't believe that anyone in my immediate family gets along with nature.  The worst is my daughter, who freaks out over moths.  Yes, moths.

But I can't criticize.  When I was young (not yet in school young), my aunt nicknamed me Junebug.  This was because I could not (cannot) stand buzzing bugs.  So she (junior high age at the time) would chase me with junebugs.  The little brown-green beetles that don't really do much EXCEPT fly around an buzz.

Yeah.

These days my best defense against bugs is the vacuum cleaner.  I never even thought of that until a couple of years ago when I saw my daughter-in-law dispose of a wasp that way.  I don't consider myself stupid, but I do sometimes get trapped into certain ways of thinking.

Don't even ask how old I was when I finally got the "get down from a duck" joke.

When I got to college I got a new nickname.

Spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment