Sunday, March 2, 2014

Un-friend

Twenty-five years ago, my favorite aunt refused to take my phone call over a misunderstanding.  I was devastated.

Five years ago, the same relative blocked my on MySpace.  Over a misunderstanding.  I was hurt.

Today, she blocked me on Facebook.  I am merely annoyed.

This time, it may have been my fault.  My wife says I antagonized her.  I didn't think that was what I was doing, but I am kinda tired of her crap.  She gets so upset if she thinks someone is attacking her church that she can't think rationally, and I knew when I pressed the issue -- even in a private message -- that she'd overreact.

The people who are most important to me, today, all understand (or should) that I love them no less if I question their beliefs.  If not, then I guess I'll end up alone and unloved.  Because, if I haven't offended someone yet, it's only because I haven't gotten around to it.  Anyone who can't handle that, maybe this is a good time to follow suit.

As for my favorite blood relative (before I had kids), if she wants to be in contact with me again, she knows where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment