Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Would you like lies with that? (updated)

Burger King
3100 South Expressway
Council Bluffs, IA 51501-7665
(712) 366-2295

Time of visit: 9/22/2010 5:28pm

My wife and I stopped at this location for dinner. After purchasing our meal we noticed a large flat-screen television tuned to Fox News Network. Both the store manager and the regional manager were present at the time, so I asked if the channel could be changed to anything else. Both individuals informed me that the channel was set by corporate policy and was only changed for major sporting events. They were polite enough about it.

I will be calling the consumer relations number during business hours today to verify this policy. If I learn that I was misinformed then I will lodge a complaint against that location. However, if Burger King really does require that their onsite televisions display Fox News, I won't be frequenting the chain at all anymore. Either way, I'll update this post with the news.

Politics is a divisive issue and has no place where people are trying to enjoy a meal. But if the price of my dinner must help to spread a political view, I would rather it was not one which kills my appetite.

I'd heard that McDonald's was doing this, too. This makes no sense to me. Fox News is engaged in an active war on the middle class and the poor. These are the people who eat fast food, guys. When we can't afford fast food, where will you be?

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, Florida 33126

Corporate Headquarters
(305) 378-3000
Consumer Relations
(305) 378-3535


Here's the non-reply I got in the mail yesterday

November 08, 2010

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact Burger King Corporation. As a valued customer, your comments and observations are very important to us.

Burger King Corporation places an emphasis on satisfying customer needs. We are always working hard to come up with new ways to meet or exceed our consumers' expectations. Therefor we want to encourage you to contact us with any comments you may have, positive or negative. We need to know how we are meeting your needs in order to aim for satisfaction!

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We greatly value information from our customers regarding their experiences at our restaurants. I hope your next visit will give us another opportunity to provide you with an enjoyable dining experience.

Sincerely,

Stephanie
Consumer Relations Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment